- 1 What type of government did the Greek have?
- 2 What is Greek rule?
- 3 What is another name for the Middle Ages?
- 4 What was the political system in the Middle Ages?
- 5 What bad things happened during the Middle Ages?
- 6 Who is the most famous Greek actor?
- 7 Who is the coolest Greek god?
- 8 What is the poorest city in Greece?
- 9 What laws did Draco create?
- 10 What caused the fall of Greece?
- 11 What is a Greek adage about their newborn child?
What type of government did the Greek have?
The Middle Ages: Economics and Society In medieval Europe, rural life was governed by a system scholars call “ feudalism.” In a feudal society, the king granted large pieces of land called fiefs to noblemen and bishops.
What is Greek rule?
The four most common systems of Greek government were: Democracy – rule by the people (male citizens). Monarchy – rule by an individual who had inherited his role. Oligarchy – rule by a select group of individuals. Tyranny – rule by an individual who had seized power by unconstitutional means.
What is another name for the Middle Ages?
the Middle Ages Definitions and Synonyms the period in European history between about the year 500 AD and the year 1500 AD. Things belonging to this period are described as medieval. The early part of this period is sometimes called the Dark Ages and the period after it is the Renaissance.
What was the political system in the Middle Ages?
feudalism, also called feudal system or feudality, French féodalité, historiographic construct designating the social, economic, and political conditions in western Europe during the early Middle Ages, the long stretch of time between the 5th and 12th centuries.
What bad things happened during the Middle Ages?
Illnesses like tuberculosis, sweating sickness, smallpox, dysentery, typhoid, influenza, mumps and gastrointestinal infections could and did kill. The Great Famine of the early 14th century was particularly bad: climate change led to much colder than average temperatures in Europe from c1300 – the ‘Little Ice Age’.
Who is the most famous Greek actor?
1. Irene Papas (1929 – ) With an HPI of 75.89, Irene Papas is the most famous Greek Actor.
Who is the coolest Greek god?
Top Ten Greek Gods
- Poseidon – God of the Sea, Earthquakes and Horses.
- Zeus – God of the Sky and Thunder.
- Athena – Goddess of Wisdom.
- Hades – God of the Underworld.
- Apollo – God of Light and the Sun.
- Ares – God of War.
- Artemis – Goddess of the Hunt, Forests and Hills, the Moon.
What is the poorest city in Greece?
The poorest area in Greece, East Macedonia-Thrace, occupies eleventh place amongst the poorest twenty EU regions. Area residents there have only 46 percent of the EU-average GDP per capita.
What laws did Draco create?
Draconian laws, traditional Athenian law code allegedly introduced by Draco c. 621 bce. Aristotle, the chief source for knowledge of Draco, claims that his were the first written Athenian laws and that Draco established a constitution enfranchising hoplites, the lower class soldiers.
What caused the fall of Greece?
Here are some of the primary causes: Greece was divided into city-states. Constant warring between the city states weakened Greece and made it difficult to unite against a common enemy like Rome. The poorer classes in Greece began to rebel against the aristocracy and the wealthy.
What is a Greek adage about their newborn child?
What is a Greek adage about their newborn child? If you have a boy, keep it. If you have a girl, expose it.