- 1 Which ancient civilizations were the most advanced?
- 2 What was the most powerful civilization institution of the Middle Ages?
- 3 Which empire was most advanced?
- 4 What is the greatest civilization in history?
- 5 What was the longest lasting civilization?
- 6 Who had the most power at the end of the Middle Ages?
- 7 Who had the most power in the Middle Ages?
- 8 What bad things happened during the Middle Ages?
- 9 Who is the most powerful king in history?
- 10 What are the 4 oldest civilization?
- 11 Who ruled the world the longest?
- 12 Who ruled the world first?
Which ancient civilizations were the most advanced?
7 Most Advanced Ancient Civilizations in the World
- Ancient China 2100 – 221 BC.
- Ancient Egypt 3150 – 31 BC.
- Inca Civilization 1200 – 1542 AD (Modern day Peru)
- Ancient Greece 800 BC – 146 BC.
- Maya Civilization 2000 BC – early 16th Century (Modern day Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras)
What was the most powerful civilization institution of the Middle Ages?
The Catholic Church in the Middle Ages Instead, the Catholic Church became the most powerful institution of the medieval period. Kings, queens and other leaders derived much of their power from their alliances with and protection of the Church.
Which empire was most advanced?
Most Powerful Empires in History
- British Empire. Areas that at one time or another were part of the British Empire.
- Mongol Empire. Map of the Mongol Empire at its height.
- Russian Empire.
- Qing Dynasty.
- Spanish Empire.
- Second French Colonial Empire.
- Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphate.
- Yuan Dynasty.
What is the greatest civilization in history?
Greatest Civilizations of All Time
- Roman Empire (27 BC-1453 AD)
- Ancient Egypt (3150 BC – 30 BC)
- Greek Empire (800 BC-600 AD)
- British Empire (1583 AD-present)
- Chinese Empire (221 BC-1912 AD)
- The United States (1776 AD-Present)
- Islamic Golden Age (750 AD – 1257 AD)
- Mongol Empire (1206 AD – 1368 AD)
What was the longest lasting civilization?
The Roman Empire is the longest-lasting empire in all of recorded history. It dates back to 27 BC and endured for over 1000 years.
Who had the most power at the end of the Middle Ages?
Charles VII’s eventual victory over the English in the mid-15th century initiated a period of reconstruction, which saw his successors assert their power over the great princes and France emerge as the most powerful monarchy in Christendom by the end of the Middle Ages.
Who had the most power in the Middle Ages?
The Roman Catholic Church and the Pope had the most power in the middle ages.
What bad things happened during the Middle Ages?
Illnesses like tuberculosis, sweating sickness, smallpox, dysentery, typhoid, influenza, mumps and gastrointestinal infections could and did kill. The Great Famine of the early 14th century was particularly bad: climate change led to much colder than average temperatures in Europe from c1300 – the ‘Little Ice Age’.
Who is the most powerful king in history?
Top 10 Greatest Kings in the World’s History
- Pharaoh Thutmose III of Egypt.
- Ashoka The Great.
- King Henry VIII of England.
- King Tamerlane.
- Attila the Hun.
- King Louis XIV of France.
- Alexander The Great.
- Genghis Khan. The King, Genghis Khan surely deserves to be listed in top 10 greatest Kings in the world.
What are the 4 oldest civilization?
Only four ancient civilizations— Mesopotamia, Egypt, the Indus valley, and China —provided the basis for continuous cultural developments in the same location.
Who ruled the world the longest?
2) The Mongol Empire was the largest contiguous empire the world has ever seen. The Mongol Empire covered 9.15 million square miles of land – more than 16% of the earth’s landmass. The empire had 110 million people between 1270 and 1309 — more than 25% of the world’s population.
Who ruled the world first?
King Sargon of Akkad —who legend says was destined to rule—established the world’s first empire more than 4,000 years ago in Mesopotamia.