- 1 Which of the following periods of musical style happened during the years 1750 1825?
- 2 Which of the following historical styles lasted for a period of less than 100 years?
- 3 What term refers to the specific group that performs a piece?
- 4 Which general term refers to categories of musical repertoire?
- 5 What are the 5 basic characteristics of classical music?
- 6 Who is the father of classical music?
- 7 What was classical music called back then?
- 8 What was the first type of music?
- 9 How does musical ensemble contribute to our country?
- 10 What is a group of 5 musicians called?
- 11 What is a group of musicians who play together called?
- 12 What are the 4 types of musical form?
- 13 What are the two categories of musical accompaniment?
- 14 What are musical pieces called?
Which of the following periods of musical style happened during the years 1750 1825?
Which of the following periods of musical style happened during the years 1750 1825? The dates of the Classical period in Western music are generally accepted as being between about 1750 and 1820.
Which of the following historical styles lasted for a period of less than 100 years?
The romantic music has been a historical style period lasted less than 100 years. Romantic music is a period of Western traditional music that started in the late eighteenth or mid nineteenth century.
What term refers to the specific group that performs a piece?
“Medium ” refers the specific group that performs a piece.
Which general term refers to categories of musical repertoire?
In music, a standard is a musical composition of established popularity, considered part of the “standard repertoire” of one or several genres.
What are the 5 basic characteristics of classical music?
The Classical period
- an emphasis on elegance and balance.
- short well-balanced melodies and clear-cut question and answer phrases.
- mainly simple diatonic harmony.
- mainly homophonic textures (melody plus accompaniment) but with some use of counterpoint (where two or more melodic lines are combined)
- use of contrasting moods.
Who is the father of classical music?
Bach, born on March 21, 1685, and known as the father of classical music, created more than 1,100 works, including roughly 300 sacred cantatas. His output is unparalleled and includes about every musical genre outside of opera.
What was classical music called back then?
Galant referred to what we might call early classical music. Learned referred to polyphonic music like fugues. In the 18th century galant would have been the current or modern style, and learned would have been an old fashioned style. You can even look to the Bach family.
What was the first type of music?
“Hurrian Hymn No. 6” is considered the world’s earliest melody, but the oldest musical composition to have survived in its entirety is a first century A.D. Greek tune known as the “Seikilos Epitaph.” The song was found engraved on an ancient marble column used to mark a woman’s gravesite in Turkey.
How does musical ensemble contribute to our country?
Answer: Studies suggest that music can enhance aerobic exercise, boost mental and physical stimulation, and increase overall performance. Improves memory. Research has shown that the repetitive elements of rhythm and melody help our brains form patterns that enhance memory.
What is a group of 5 musicians called?
A quintet is a group containing five members. It is commonly associated with musical groups, such as a string quintet, or a group of five singers, but can be applied to any situation where five similar or related objects are considered a single unit.
What is a group of musicians who play together called?
An ensemble is a group of musicians, dancers, or actors who perform together, like an ensemble which has been playing music together for several years.
What are the 4 types of musical form?
Four basic types of musical forms are distinguished in ethnomusicology: iterative, the same phrase repeated over and over; reverting, with the restatement of a phrase after a contrasting one; strophic, a larger melodic entity repeated over and over to different strophes (stanzas) of a poetic text; and progressive, in
What are the two categories of musical accompaniment?
An accompaniment might be single notes, or chords, or any other pattern. The accompaniments help us to feel the harmony. An accompaniment might be another tune (this is called counterpoint). Tunes can be played or sung without accompaniment.
What are musical pieces called?
Musical composition, music composition or simply composition, can refer to an original piece or work of music, either vocal or instrumental, the structure of a musical piece or to the process of creating or writing a new piece of music. People who create new compositions are called composers.